Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18,2011

Dear Mother,

Hop and Christen have moved into your home now, and Hop is particularly happy. I think he feels as if he's come home again. Christen is working hard to get everything ready. It's good to know that your grandson and his wife are living there, and that the circle of life continues. Funniest thing - Brooks won't get all of his "stuff" out of your house - you know, his old pictures and toys that you've saved for 60 years or so. He says that he's stored Hop's stuff all these years, and now Hop can store his stuff. I like that attitude! What a shame that I can't put that philosophy to use!

I'm having a bit harder time this week than last week dealing with not having you around. I didn't realize how many times I unconsciously think of you during the day. We stopped to buy strawberries at Sugar Creek and I looked around automatically for something you might like - settling on some young, tender squash - before I remembered that you aren't here to eat them.

On a brighter note - Scott left this morning to go back to Mobile. He'd carried my old bedroom suite (the one with the pineapple pattern) to his place and came back yesterday after church to return the truck. I didn't make it to church yesterday morning, but went last night. I'll be moving toward normal starting this week - began working on engineering curriculum again this afternoon.

I'm about to go up and pay Brooks a visit so I'll let you know how he seems to be doing. When I called him last night he was watching a movie at a friends house.

Love from my heart,

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment